Tahiti Cafe Review
Just on the fringe of Rarotonga's main town of Avarua, the Tahiti Cafe is the perfect lunch spot. It's small, with only about 15 tables, but the fish platters really pack a punch. Try the selection of raw fish prepared in several styles, from Tahitian (that's poisson cru with lime juice and coconut milk), Chinese (with various sauces), and sashimi. There are also fish and chicken platters and individual portions if you're not up for sharing. It's a breezy outdoor venue where you bring your own drinks—alcoholic or otherwise—and there's Wi-Fi.
- Address: Main Road, Avarua
- Phone: 682/24536
- Location: Rarotonga
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
The last week of this trip report
has coverage of the Cook Islands- Aitutaki, Read more
Spent the last week of Dec in Rarotonga. Read more
Going back to Rarotonga and want to experience game fishing. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more