At a Glance
- grand living and delicious food
- this lifestyle comes at a high price
Check Rates from our Partners
Chateau Yering Review
Stockmen William, Donald, and James Ryrie built this homestead in the 1860s, and it was later one of the Yarra Valley's first vineyards. It's now a luxury hotel with opulent suites featuring antique furniture and relaxingly deep, claw-foot bathtubs, beautiful gardens dating back to 1854, and the upscale Eleonore's Restaurant ($$$$). The splendid Yering Suite, up its own private staircase, has a magnificent half-tester bed. A favorite package here includes a sunrise balloon flight over the Yarra Valley, followed by a champagne breakfast at the on-site Sweetwater Café ($$). Ballooning packages range from A$1,265 to A$1,670 for two, including dinner, breakfast, and lodging.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe