Fodor's Vancouver & Victoria
At a Glance
- grand living
- delicious food
- this lifestyle comes at a luxurious price
Check Rates from our Partners
Chateau Yering Review
Once an 1860s homestead, whose grounds later became the Yarra Valley's first vineyard, this luxury hotel features opulent suites that have antique furniture and deep claw-foot bathtubs. The beautiful gardens date from 1854, and the hotel also hosts the upscale Eleonore's Restaurant ($$$). The splendid Yering Suite, up its own private staircase, has a magnificent half-tester bed. A favorite activity here includes a sunrise balloon flight over the Yarra Valley, followed by a champagne breakfast at the on-site Sweetwater Café ($$). Ballooning excursions range from A$500 to A$570 for two, including breakfast.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's