This café-restaurant right in the heart of Olinda buzzes all day, and is the perfect place for a snack or meal after browsing the nearby curio shops or gardens. It's open daily for breakfast, lunch, and morning and afternoon tea, and dinner Tuesday to Saturday. Lunchtime fare includes slow-cooked lamb salad with pickled beetroot and persian fetta, and quince-glazed lamb backstrap wrapped in pancetta; at night you might want to begin with a cocktail while browsing the menu of hearty steaks and Asian-inspired specialties, such as curry style bouillabaisse of mussels and prawns.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe