Fodor's Vancouver & Victoria
Glen Isla House
At a Glance
- gorgeous furnishings, on a pristine beach, short drive to penguins
- the heritage feel may not suit some
Check Rates from our Partners
Glen Isla House Review
A beautiful, safe swimming beach is right at the doorstep of this luxurious B&B, which contains six individually themed rooms. There's also a separate heritage suite with a four-poster bed and open fire place, and a modern, self-catering two-story cottage with full kitchen that sleeps up to four. Hosts Ian and Madeleine Baker live in an adjoining historic residence that was transported from the United States in the late 1800s and served as one of the island's original homesteads. The property has extensive terraces, lush gardens, and a delightful summerhouse. The gourmet breakfasts include Ian's homemade fruit compote.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's