Auswalk offers guided (five-nights) and self-guided Great Ocean Walk tours; the self-guided walk takes you from Apollo Bay to the Twelve Apostles over eight days (seven nights), or the trip can be divided into two four-night segments.Walkers carry a day pack only; a support vehicle carries the luggage by car from hotel (or B&B) to hotel. Most tours include at least one night in the 19th-century Cape Otway Lighthouse cottages, and most meals are provided. Both guided and self-guided tours can be arranged year-round and require a minimum of two people. Auswalk also offers a set-date group guided walk of six-nights including pick-up and drop-off from Melbourne Airport. The six-night group guided tour ranges from A$2,395 per person (double) depending on the season. Self-guided tours are about A$1,000 less. Daily walks can range from five to seven hours, although the support vehicle can drive those who feel they have had enough walking for one day.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe