Fodor's Vancouver & Victoria
Chris's Beacon Point Restaurant and Villas
At a Glance
- sensational views
- steep walk to rooms
Check Rates from our Partners
Chris's Beacon Point Restaurant and Villas Review
Set high in the Otway Ranges overlooking the Great Ocean Road and the sea, this is a wonderful place to dine or bed down for the night. The elevated accommodations have uninterrupted ocean views from floor-to-ceiling windows and timber balconies. The studios can accommodate four people. The restaurant ($$), opened in 1979 by owner Chris Talihmanidis, draws people from all over the region for modern cuisine inspired by the Middle East and Mediterranean Europe. To get here, take the Skenes Creek Road turnoff about 3 km (2 mi) from Apollo Bay and wind up a hill to Beacon Point.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's