Great Southern Railways operates the Ghan from Adelaide north to Alice Springs, then on to Darwin twice a week; return services from Darwin to Adelaide are also twice a week. The Indian Pacific, also operated by Great Southern, links Sydney and Perth via Adelaide with twice-weekly services each way. The trip takes around 60 hours.
From Perth, TransWA operates train services to Bunbury twice daily and to Northam and Kalgoorlie.
Getting around Perth by train is quick and easy, with lines to Armadale, Clarkson, Midland, Joondalup, Fremantle, Mandurah, and Rockingham.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's