El Questro Wilderness Park
El Questro Wilderness Park Review
This one-million acre property features some of the most ruggedly beautiful country in the East Kimberley. El Questro has a full complement of such recreational activities as fishing, swimming, and horse and helicopter rides and offers individually tailored walking and four-wheel-drive tours. Four independent accommodation facilities are on-site, each different in style and budget: the luxury Homestead; the safari-style tented cabins at Emma Gorge Resort; and air-conditioned Riverside Bungalows and Riverside Campgrounds at the Station Township. Each has a restaurant, and rates (minimum two nights) at the Homestead include drinks and food, laundry, and activities. Round-trip transportation from Kununurra is available from A$240 per person.
- Address: 1 Gibb River Rd., Kununurra, WA
- Phone: 03/9169–1777 Reservations; 08/9161–4388 Emma Gorge Resort; 1300/233–432
- Cost: El Questro Wilderness Park permit (required) A$20 for 1- to 7-day pass with access to gorge walks, thermal springs, fishing holes, rivers, and use of the Emma Gorge Resort swimming pool
- Hours: Daily Apr.–Oct.
- Website: www.elquestro.com.au
- Location: Kununurra
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more