Top Reasons to Go to Tasmania
Beautiful Walks: Tasmania has some of Australia's best walking terrain. The stunning mountains and coastlines of Mt. Field, South West, and Franklin-Gordon Wild Rivers national parks are a mecca for serious trekkers. Less strenuous but equally stunning walks can be taken around Cradle Mountain or on Freycinet Peninsula.
Colonial Homes and Cottages: Many of the Georgian mansions and charming cottages built during Tasmania's early days as a colony have been turned into unusual and hospitable accommodation options.
Tassie Tastes: While Tasmania's unspoiled surrounds make it hiking heaven, foodies are also well served, thanks to its beautiful produce and excellent wine.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe