The Lodge Country House
At a Glance
- beautiful gardens
- informative hosts who delight in telling guests about the history of the place
- not particularly suitable for kids
Check Rates from our Partners
The Lodge Country House Review
Rambling and aristocratic, this bluestone homestead 3 km (2 mi) south of Marananga was built in 1903 for one of the 13 children of Joseph Seppelt, founder of the showpiece winery across the road. Barossa vintages fill the wine cellar, crystal and polished timber gleam in the formal dining room, and big, comfortable sofas inspire relaxing in the sitting room, perhaps with a book from the library. The four large guest rooms are furnished in period style; a bay-window seat in each looks out at the gorgeous garden. Set-menu dinners (A$80), available by reservation, make good use of local produce. There's a minimum two-night stay on weekends.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
Day 5 - Bye-bye Hong Kong, hello OZ!
After checking in at the airport, we had about an hour or so to spare so after negotiating passports and security without too many problems, [DH is always one of those Read more
Two questions; We arrive in Melbourne this Friday morning, staying at the Langham. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more