- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Sebel Playford
At a Glance
- excellent breakfast spread
- convivial bar
- expensive Internet and parking
Check Rates from our Partners
The Sebel Playford Review
Showy chandeliers illuminate a movie-set-like celebration of art nouveau in the lobby of this luxury hotel. Check your reflection in a huge gilt mirror before relaxing in a club lounge or around the grand piano in the bar, where the tables have statue bases and marble tops. Room decorations are a subtler nod to the art nouveau era. In the unusual loft suites, wrought-iron stairs climb to a king-size bed on the mezzanine floor. The colonnaded indoor hotel pool feels like a Roman bathhouse.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
Day 5 - Bye-bye Hong Kong, hello OZ!
After checking in at the airport, we had about an hour or so to spare so after negotiating passports and security without too many problems, [DH is always one of those Read more
It's my daughter's birthstone so I want to bring her back a pendant from our trip to Australia; we'll be in Sydney, Melbourne, Palm Cove, and TAZ. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more