- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
O'Reilly's Rainforest Retreat, Villas & Lost World Spa
At a Glance
- excellent outdoor activities, great facilities, kids under 11 stay free
- 2-3 night minimum stays on weekends, Easter, and Christmas
- inconsistent mobile phone coverage
- fees for many activities
- surcharge for credit-card transactions. New Birds of Pray & Wildlife Shows. Segway tours
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
O'Reilly's Rainforest Retreat, Villas & Lost World Spa Review
Since 1926, the O'Reilly family has welcomed travelers into their forested world. Accommodations range from original 1930s guesthouse rooms with shared facilities to luxurious lodgings with handcrafted wood furniture, four-poster beds, fireplaces, whirlpool baths, audio systems, and spectacular mountain views. Chic, architect-designed villas have vaulted ceilings and foldback doors; find vast private decks with hot tubs, LCD TVs and Wi-Fi. For a little extra, you can join expert guides on outdoorsy activities such as bird, rain-forest, and glowworm walks; flying fox sessions; wine-tasting tours; four-wheel-drive bus expeditions; birds of prey and wildlife shows; and new segway nature tours. The free, treetop suspension bridge is also a must. Relax in the retreat's pool, hot tub, sauna, or Lost World day spa. O'Reilly's rate includes country-style morning and afternoon teas, plus some of the available activities—including daily guided bushwalks, stargazing, and audiovisual presentations. Special packages are available.
- Address: Lamington National Park Rd., via Canungra, Lamington National Park, via Beechmont, 4275 | Map It
- Phone: 07/5502-4911; 1800/688-722
- Website: www.oreillys.com.au
- Location: Gold Coast Hinterland
- 67 rooms, 5 suites, 48 villas.
- Rate includes breakfast, all-inclusive.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1331* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/T Air New Zealand
- $3099 & up -- Australia & New Zealand 4-City, 12-Night Trip Qantas Vacations
- $1029 & up -- 12-Nt. Australia & New Zealand on Celebrity American Express Travel
- Amazing Australia IExplore
- $2099 & up -- 8-Night New Zealand & Australia Escape w/Tours — $2,099 Qantas Vacations
August - September 2012
August 18 (Saturday): Newark to San Francisco to Sydney
My spouse and I flew United from Newark, NJ (EWR) to Sydney (SYD) via San Francisco (SFO). Read more
Last week we spent 5 days on Tasmania's beautiful west coast.
I last traveled on the Bass Strait ferry back in the 80s but Geoff and Taine had never taken the voyage so we decided it would be a fun bu Read more
Is there somewhere you can recommend that might have a better exchange rate to change AUD to USD in Melbourne? Read more
· News & Features
Worried about your rights as a cruise ship passenger?... Read more
They say that if you put it in a tortilla, Los Angeles will eat it.... Read more
Often just a side trip from Hong Kong, Macau is known as a gambler's paradise.... Read more