- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Beach Almond Beach House
Beach Almond Beach House Review
This low-key eatery's simple beach-shack setting on Palm Cove's seafront underplays the freshness and flavor of its Modern Asian food. Seafood's the specialty here, and signature dishes include whole Singaporean chill mud crab and a two-person seafood platter (A$169). The small but satisfying menu is full of fresh spins on favorite dishes from around Southeast Asia, including green papaya salad, banana leaf–wrapped barramundi, and "tropical" lobster with tumeric, coconut, and mild chili. Beach Almond also serves leisurely lunches and coffee, and stays open later than many of its Palm Cove competitors at night.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
Day 5 - Bye-bye Hong Kong, hello OZ!
After checking in at the airport, we had about an hour or so to spare so after negotiating passports and security without too many problems, [DH is always one of those Read more
Two questions; We arrive in Melbourne this Friday morning, staying at the Langham. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more