- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Townsville Town Common Conservation Park
Townsville Town Common Conservation Park Review
Spot wallabies, echidnas, dingos, goannas, and hundreds of bird species at this terrific wetlands conservation park. It's crisscrossed by walking and biking trails and dotted with bird blinds and a wildlife-viewing tower. You can take the easy, hour-long Forest Walk to see kingfishers and honey-eaters, or the Pallarenda to Tegoora Rock circuit for wetlands overviews. The 5-km (3-mile), two-plus-hour-long trail from Bald Rock to Mount Marlowl is worth the uphill trek for the regional panorama at the summit. Most trails start from Bald Rock parking lot, 7 km (4½ miles) from the park entrance on unpaved roads.
- Address: Freshwater Lagoon Rd., off Cape Pallarenda Rd., near Rowes Bay Golf Club Pallarenda, Townsville, QLD 4810
- Phone: 07/4721–3660 Townsville Tourist Information; 07/4722–5244 QPWS Pallarenda; 13–7468 ParksQ infoline
- Website: www.nprsr.qld.gov.au/parks/townsville
- Location: Townsville
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
Day 5 - Bye-bye Hong Kong, hello OZ!
After checking in at the airport, we had about an hour or so to spare so after negotiating passports and security without too many problems, [DH is always one of those Read more
Two questions; We arrive in Melbourne this Friday morning, staying at the Langham. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more