- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Brisbane is Queensland's major transit hub. Qantas and Virgin Australia fly to all Australian capital cities and regional hubs around Queensland. Jetstar links Brisbane with the Fraser, Gold, and Sunshine coasts and regional cities farther north.
Brisbane International Airport is 9 km (5½ mi) from the city center. Coachtrans operates a bus service to meet all flights and drops passengers door to door at major hotels throughout Brisbane and the Gold Coast. The one-way fare is A$15 to Brisbane, A$43.50 to Gold Coast hotels, with cheaper deals available for families.
Airtrain has rail services to stations throughout Brisbane and the Gold Coast. The one-way fare is A$15 per person, or A$28 round-trip from the airport to City Central. Trains depart up to four times an hour, taking 20 minutes to reach the city center. Kids travel free. Taxis to downtown Brisbane cost A$35 to A$50, depending on time of day.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's