Shopping in Sydney
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sydney's shops vary from those with international cachet (Tiffany's, Louis Vuitton) to Aboriginal art galleries, opal shops, craft bazaars, and weekend flea markets. If you're interested in buying genuine Australian products, look carefully at the labels. Stuffed koalas and didgeridoos made anywhere but in Australia are a standing joke.
Business hours are usually 9 or 10 to 5:30 on weekdays; on Thursday stores stay open until 9. Shops are open Saturday 9-5 and Sunday 11-5. Prices include the 10% Goods and Services Tax (GST).
Browse Sydney Shopping
Browse Sydney Shopping By Location
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1099* -- Australia/NZ Flights w/Fiji Stop From West Coast Air Pacific
- $3679 & up -- Australia: Outback Adventure w/Tours & Air Qantas Vacations
- $1299* -- Auckland or Sydney R/T Air from LA w/2 Nts in Fiji — $1,299 PacificIslands.com
- $4599 -- Sydney, Cairns, Auckland Trip w/4-Nt. Reef Cruise — $4,599 Air New Zealand Vacations
- $1428* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/T — $1,428 Air New Zealand