- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
Dorrigo National Park
Dorrigo National Park Review
From Bellingen a meandering and spectacular road leads inland to Dorrigo before reaching the Pacific Highway, close to Coffs Harbour. This circular scenic route, beginning along the Bellinger River, climbs more than 1,000 feet up the heavily wooded escarpment to the Dorrigo Plateau. At the top of the plateau is Dorrigo National Park, a small but outstanding subtropical rain forest that is included on the World Heritage list. Signposts along the main road indicate walking trails. The Satinbird Stroll is a short rain-forest walk, and the 6-km (4-mi) Cedar Falls Walk leads to the most spectacular of the park's many waterfalls. The national park is approximately 31 km (19 mi) from Bellingen.
Dorrigo Rainforest Centre. The excellent Dorrigo Rainforest Centre, open daily 9-4:30, has information, educational displays, and a shop, and from here you can walk out high over the forest canopy along the Skywalk boardwalk. 02/6657-2309. www.dorrigo.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1099* -- Australia/NZ Flights w/Fiji Stop From West Coast Air Pacific
- $3679 & up -- Australia: Outback Adventure w/Tours & Air Qantas Vacations
- Amazing Australia IExplore
- $1299* -- Auckland or Sydney R/T Air from LA w/2 Nts in Fiji — $1,299 PacificIslands.com
- Papua New Guinea & the Sepik River — $9,995 IExplore
· News & Features
Niagara Falls is a bucket-list-worthy sight to behold, whether you're ogling it from the Canada side, ... Read more
A sculpture of a Greek goddess welcomes you in from the streets of London's Soho neighborhood.... Read more
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more