- Make Underwater Friends Pristine Ofu Beach's water, home to more than 300 species of fish, are deep enough for excellent diving.
- Dive in a Park The National Park of American Samoa is the only American park south of the equator; hike in its rainforest before snorkeling and diving in its coral reefs.
- Visit a Volcanic Island. This U.S. territory has five and, though there haven't been eruptions in 100 years, they're still worth a peek.
- Take in a Cricket Match. The Samoan version of cricket—played here and on neighboring Samoa—employs the same bat and ball, but with different and often varying rules.
- Eat Very Local. Eating is a beloved pastime on both Samoa and American Samoa; try fire-roasted coconut cream and taro leaves, breadfruit, and cooked green bananas.
80° BY THE SEA
Looking for a beach vacation? Let us help you find the right spot.More