American Samoa Travel Guide
Plan Your American Samoa Vacation
American Samoa is truly an off-the-beaten-track destination—a visit to this island territory with a population of about 70,000 carries full bragging rights. The very name of the capital, Pago Pago, conjures up images of South Seas types, like Somerset Maugham, sitting on bar stools under whirring ceiling fans. Dominated by Rainmaker Mountain and sitting on a beautiful harbor, Pago Pago lies within easy reach of isolated beaches, rocky islands, and authentic villages. The National Park of American Samoa has easy walking trails with sweeping views, and the snorkeling is magnificent in Fagetele Bay Marine Park.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best American Samoa restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in American Samoa
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thank you to all the Fodorites who helped plan this trip of a lifetime. Read more
Ok, quick review. Read more
My spouse and I are traveling with 14 and 10 boys ....trying to decide whether to travel to kangaroo island or spend a few days in Port Douglas. Thinking that we would go from Sydney to kangaroo island Read more