Travelers are at the mercy of private travel agents, guidebooks, and online travel forums for the most up-to-date information on Tibet. State-run travel bureaus do exist, but are often downright unhelpful. Because the travel situation is in a constant state of flux, it's difficult to know who to trust, but certain agencies such as Tibet Travel and Snow Lion Tours are very knowledgeable and offer great service, though of course they will want to sell you their services.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe