- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mu Koh Angthong National Marine Park
Mu Koh Angthong National Marine Park Review
This archipelago of 42 islands covers some 250 square km (90 square miles) and lie 35 km (22 miles) northwest of Koh Samui. The seven main islands are Wua Talap Island (which houses the national park's headquarters), Phaluai Island, Mae Koh Island, Sam Sao Island, Hin Dap Island, Nai Phut Island, and Phai Luak Island. The islands feature limestone mountains, strangely shaped caves, and emerald-green water. Most tourists do a one-day trip, which can be arranged from Koh Samui. Prices vary depending on the tour (some offer kayaking around several islands, others take you out on small speedboats for snorkeling or cave tours). The park is open year-round, although the seas can be rough and the waters less clear during the monsoon season between October and December.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thanks all for the travel advice. Read more