- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
La Sirene Review
For elegant French cooking, try this small bistro on the waterfront. A three-course tasting menu includes such delicacies as shark with pineapple, along with a salad and dessert. À la carte dishes include shrimp in cognac sauce and mussels in a white-wine cream sauce. Various Thai selections are also served up by the owner, who moved here from Nice. A few tables are in the dining room, but the real delight is to sit on the deck overlooking the boats moored a few yards offshore.
- Address: 65/1 Bophut Beach, Koh Samui, 84320
- Phone: 077/425301; 081/797–3499
- Location: Koh Samui
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Preparation and planning:
We had a wonderful 3-week trip to Southeast Asia, going to Bangkok/northern Thailand; Luang Prabang; and Siem Reap and taking the 2-day slow boat down the Mekong to Luang Prabang. Read more