The Lagoon Review
One of several dining options in the Cinnamon Grand Hotel, this romantic candlelit choice focuses on seafood and consistently receives some of the best reviews in the city. This charming restaurant with an outdoor terrace beside a manmade lagoon places its emphasis on variety, freshness, and quality. You can select from the fresh catch of the day—including huge lobster—then mix and match your own sauce, cooking method (grilled, steamed, curried, etc.), and style (Sri Lankan, Chinese, Indian, Thai, or Continental). Or if that's too confusing, go for one of the more established classics, such as lobster bisque. The prices here may be sky high by Sri Lankan standards, but they would not break the bank most other places.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
New poster, but a very long time reader of the forum. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more