Makati Shangri-La Manila
At a Glance
- large rooms
- good location for shopping and dining
- chain hotel
- huge so may feel professional rather than personal
- away from historical sights
Makati Shangri-La Manila Review
The sprawling Shangri-La offers Manila's last word in overnight luxury, right down to the Zen waterfalls to soothe away the stresses of dealing with the city's nightmare traffic. Located away from the historic sights of central Manila, this posh oasis sits in the heart of the modern, prosperous Makati district, home to businesses, shopping malls, and a multitude of up-market dining choices. Inside is a veritable city in itself, with shops, beauty salons, and no fewer than four restaurants and three bars, one of the latter beside the hotel pool. The sumptuous guest rooms are large enough you could get lost in them—something you may not mind, once you behold their tremendous comfort.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Hi All! Read more
To travel to El Nido, one has to fly to the capital of Palawan, Puerto Princesa. Read more
Dear, i´m going to travel Asia and planning to stay 1 week in Phillipines.
What´s best place to visit in this 1 week and how to get there in cheapeast way?
tnks a lot. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more