- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Nam Phu Square (Fountain Square)
Nam Phu Square (Fountain Square) Review
An attractive square with a nice but nonfunctioning circular fountain in the middle, this used to be one of several reminders in the city of French-colonial influence—reinforced further by the presence on the square's perimeter of some very Gallic restaurants. Unfortunately the central square has been renovated and the fountain is now part of a fancy new restaurant, however, the surrounding plaza still contains many eateries
with some charm.
- Address: Vientiane
- Location: Vientiane
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Some of my favorite shots I have collected over the years.
I hope you enjoy.
Mabuhay! Read more
I recently had the pleasure of stumbling upon an entirely abandoned village in beautiful Kazakhstan. Read more
I'm wanting to go to SE Asia next year. Read more
· News & Features
Laos will surprise most any traveler with its endless draws, from isolated beaches to wildlife-filled... Read more
In a new marketing stunt, Heineken asked random travelers at JFK to "drop everything" and fly to a random,... Read more
River cruises can offer a whole new way to see an exotic locale.... Read more