- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Ban Muang Ngoi
This picturesque river village sits on the eastern side of the Nam Ou River, which descends from Phongsaly Province in the north to meet the Mekong River opposite the famous Pak Ou Caves. The village, populated by Lao Lum and surrounded by unusual limestone peaks, has become a popular traveler hangout, with friendly locals, gorgeous scenery, and plenty of treks and river options to keep you busy for several days. Be aware that village only has electricity for three or four hours a night, so accommodations lack some amenities that you may be used to.
Ban Muang Ngoi at a Glance
Elsewhere in Laos
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's