- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Yacho-no-mori (Wild Bird Forest)
Yacho-no-mori (Wild Bird Forest) Review
This sanctuary is home to some 120 bird species, including the Japanese white-eye. You can watch from two observation huts along a 2½-km (1½-mile) forest course. To get here from Karuizawa Station, take a free shuttle bus bound for the "Hoshino area." Get off at the Tombo no Yu stop and walk about one minute to the park. Alternatively, you can bike to the sanctuary's entrance in about 15 minutes from Naka-Karuizawa Station. Bikes can be rented at Naka-Karuizawa for ¥800 per hour or ¥2,000 a day.
- Address: Nagakura Hoshino, Karuizawa-cho, Karuizawa, 389-0111
- Phone: 0267/45–7777
- Location: Karuizawa
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now that the flurry of November trip reports has come and gone (they were great!), I figure it’s time for one more, before the reports from spring cherry blossom-viewing visits start to come in. This Read more
After more than a month back from Japan, I’m happy to finally have a bit of a breather that allows me to start a trip report. Read more
I'm starting to plan a trip to Japan, and have questions about which international airport(s) to fly in and out of and how to get to various places we have in mind to sightsee.
I have a conference Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more