- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Buses in Kyoto are quick, reliable, and punctual, making them an excellent form of transportation. City bus 100 is designed around the tourist route, connecting all the major sightseeing spots. Pick up route maps at the Kyoto Tourist Information Center.
Within the city the standard fare is ¥220, which you pay when leaving the bus; outside the city limits the fare varies according to distance. Several special transportation passes are available, including the following: a one-day city bus pass for ¥500, valid for use inside the inner-city area; Kyoto sightseeing one-day (¥1,200) or two-day (¥2,000) passes that cover travel on city buses, the subway, and private Kyoto Line buses; and the torafika kyo pass, which provides ¥3,300 worth of transport via city bus or subway for ¥3,000. Passes are sold at travel agencies, main bus terminals, and information centers in Kyoto Station.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe