- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Yojiya Café Review
This immensely popular café is a treasure no longer hidden along the Philosopher's Path. Located in a traditional house that overlooks a low-lying garden with a pond and miniature bridge, the café consists of a tatami room with a glass wall; there are no tables, just soft cushions for seats maximize the view. It's an especially cozy and comfortable place to take a rest in winter. Yojiya's specialty is desserts that blend traditional and Western flavors. Try a dessert set to get a good sense of what's on offer as you enjoy the intricate designs and pictures swirled into the foamy top of your coffee. Customers are served from small lacquered trays. Don't leave without visiting the small, elegant shop at the rear of the garden that sells natural cosmetics.
- Address: Honenin-cho 15, Shishigadani Sakyō-ku, Kyōto, 606-8421
- Phone: 075/865-2213
- Location: Eastern Kyoto
- No credit cards.
- Closed Tues. No dinner.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now that the flurry of November trip reports has come and gone (they were great!), I figure it’s time for one more, before the reports from spring cherry blossom-viewing visits start to come in. This Read more
After more than a month back from Japan, I’m happy to finally have a bit of a breather that allows me to start a trip report. Read more
· News & Features
Tokyo and Kyoto offer more than enough to cater to travelers many interests, whether you're hitting the ... Read more
Japan offers enough ancient architecture, commanding temples, and uninterrupted nature to satisfy you... Read more
Japan is not only a land for all seasons, it's a destination for all travelers.... Read more