Meiji Hakodate Beer Hall
Meiji Hakodate Beer Hall Review
This seaside hall serves seafood specialties such as squid, octopus, and tofu shabu-shabu (cooked table-side by dipping the food into boiling water and then into a sauce) for ¥1,300, as well as three local brews (wheat beer, ale, and the slightly more bitter "alt" beer). Its spaciousness and conviviality are typical of Hokkaido, and although it's in a tourist complex, even locals like the wide range of seasonal specialties.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's