Top Reasons to Go
Immerse Yourself in Balinese Culture.: Bali is crowded with tourists, yes, but its rich arts scene is not to be missed.
See Active Volcanoes.: There are 160-plus in Indonesia; 2,600-foot Mount Lokon, in Sumatra, erupted in October 2012.
Go Diving: Some of the best scuba diving in the world is to be found in Indonesia, and there are plenty of certification centers.
Discover Buddhism: UNESCO World Heritage side Borobudur, built in the 8th century, is the world's largest Buddhist monument.
Monkey Around: Walk through Indonesia's lush rain forests and you'll see Orangutans hanging about in their natural habitat, as well as gibbons, macaques, and proboscis monkeys, the latter found exclusively on Borneo.Updated: 10-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's