- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Essential India
Bread of Life Bakery
Bread of Life Bakery Review
Close to the Assi Ghat, this is an impressive haven for homesick Western palates and a great place for breakfast after a morning boat ride—the pancakes are real and so is the maple syrup, which is rare in India. Stop in anytime to write postcards over coffee and chocolate-chip cookies, apple strudel, an éclair, or some Black Forest cake. Simple lunches and dinners include omelets, quiches, sandwiches, soups and stews, pastas, and some Chinese dishes. All profits of the café and the art gallery upstairs go to charities, or are used for the employees' education.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
So on our FIFTH trip to India, we decided we'd had enough of the mess up north and decided to focus on one of the less-visited regions in search of India's amazing fauna. Read more
India is indeed a land of bright smiles and bright colors. Read more
Phew..Visa arrived. We did use a company in Houston to obtain visa and they arrived a week before we needed them.
Here is our itinerary:
We are staying i Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more