- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Essential India
Families, vegetarians, and foreigners who can't handle street food flock here for healthy Gujarati food. Granted, the use of ghee (clarified butter) is quite liberal, but not all dishes use it—like the various kinds of chaat (veggie and bread snacks). The spicy potato patties stuffed with peas and smothered in savory yellow dal are highly recommended, as is palak moong dal (yellow lentils sautéed with spinach), vitamin bhel (a light veggie salad), and spinach and cheese samosas. The modern take on classics doesn't deter the locals and it's likely to be packed, but you'll soon get a seat amid the pale yellow walls, wooden benches, and loud aunties.
- Address: Sadguru Sadan, ground fl., across from Babulnath Mandir, Chowpatty Marine Drive, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400006
- Phone: 22/2369–8080
- Location: Mumbai
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello everyone! Read more
It’s time for this lurker to say thanks for all your help in planning for our recent visit to India and Nepal. Read more
I am visiting North India in a few months and I am concerned about safety. Read more
· News & Features
Everyone is falling for Mumbai, including Soho House which is about to open its first Asian outpost there. ... Read more
The exclusive, jetsetter-friendly Soho House has announced five new houses in their international expansion,... Read more
With mid-cruise voyages to distant landlocked spots as well as uncommon ports of call closer to home,... Read more