- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
This Goan restaurant in the Taj is reminiscent of an old-fashioned landlord's drawing room, with sepia photographs on the walls and carved wooden furniture. The variety of menu items makes an excellent introduction to local cuisine. Try the kullanche mass kottnim (crabmeat with onions, coriander, and garlic), and sannas (sweet, delicately flavored, steamed rice cakes) with an assortment of curries, such as classic pork vindaloo, pork sorpotel (curry simmered with Goan vinegar), and boneless chicken xacuti. If you want to be adventurous with dessert, try the adsorachem merend, a feni-infused coconut mousse with saffron sauce. Live singing accompanied by guitar and mandolin adds to the scene.
- Address: Taj Exotica, Benaulim Beach, Goa, 403716
- Phone: 832/668-3333
- Location: Benaulim
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $96 & up -- India: 5-Star Hotel near New Delhi w/Breakfast Accor Hotels
- India Experience IExplore
- Classical India IExplore
- Southern India Experience — $1,099 IExplore
- Enlightened India (18-Day) — $9,995 IExplore
I travelled to Agra in feb & spent 2-1/2 days there. Read more
It’s been almost three weeks since my return from India and I still am dreaming of tigers and eating homemade naan. Read more
What is the best time to visit goa? Read more
· News & Features
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more