- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
This Goan restaurant in the Taj is reminiscent of an old-fashioned landlord's drawing room, with sepia photographs on the walls and carved wooden furniture. The variety of menu items makes an excellent introduction to local cuisine. Try the kullanche mass kottnim (crabmeat with onions, coriander, and garlic), and sannas (sweet, delicately flavored, steamed rice cakes) with an assortment of curries, such as classic pork vindaloo, pork sorpotel (curry simmered with Goan vinegar), and boneless chicken xacuti. If you want to be adventurous with dessert, try the adsorachem merend, a feni-infused coconut mousse with saffron sauce. Live singing accompanied by guitar and mandolin adds to the scene.
- Address: Taj Exotica, Benaulim Beach, Goa 403716
- Phone: 832/668–3333
- Location: Benaulim
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
The southern rural province of Kerala is very different from India's urban centers: it is uncrowded, clean, with a relaxed pace - a great place to unwind, eat fresh seafood, swim in warm winte Read more
First of all, I want to thank all posters from whom I gleaned information for my India trip. Read more
We normally prefer small boutique hotels. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more