- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Essential India
This Goan restaurant in the Taj is reminiscent of an old-fashioned landlord's drawing room, with sepia photographs on the walls and carved wooden furniture. The variety of menu items makes an excellent introduction to local cuisine. Try the kullanche mass kottnim (crabmeat with onions, coriander, and garlic), and sannas (sweet, delicately flavored, steamed rice cakes) with an assortment of curries, such as classic pork vindaloo, pork sorpotel (curry simmered with Goan vinegar), and boneless chicken xacuti. If you want to be adventurous with dessert, try the adsorachem merend, a feni-infused coconut mousse with saffron sauce. Live singing accompanied by guitar and mandolin adds to the scene.
- Address: Taj Exotica, Benaulim Beach, Goa 403716
- Phone: 832/668–3333
- Location: Benaulim
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello everyone! Read more
It’s time for this lurker to say thanks for all your help in planning for our recent visit to India and Nepal. Read more
We're beginning to plan a trip to Southern India for February.
We'd like to break the long economy class trip from New York to Bangalore into 2 parts.
We could also land in Mumbai, or Delhi, if one o Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more