- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Essential India
This Goan restaurant in the Taj is reminiscent of an old-fashioned landlord's drawing room, with sepia photographs on the walls and carved wooden furniture. The variety of menu items makes an excellent introduction to local cuisine. Try the kullanche mass kottnim (crabmeat with onions, coriander, and garlic), and sannas (sweet, delicately flavored, steamed rice cakes) with an assortment of curries, such as classic pork vindaloo, pork sorpotel (curry simmered with Goan vinegar), and boneless chicken xacuti. If you want to be adventurous with dessert, try the adsorachem merend, a feni-infused coconut mousse with saffron sauce. Live singing accompanied by guitar and mandolin adds to the scene.
- Address: Taj Exotica, Benaulim Beach, Goa 403716
- Phone: 832/668–3333
- Location: Benaulim
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
So on our FIFTH trip to India, we decided we'd had enough of the mess up north and decided to focus on one of the less-visited regions in search of India's amazing fauna. Read more
India is indeed a land of bright smiles and bright colors. Read more
Phew..Visa arrived. We did use a company in Houston to obtain visa and they arrived a week before we needed them.
Here is our itinerary:
We are staying i Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more