- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Essential India
This is an Old Delhi institution where mutton (which generally means goat in India) is king, especially in thick, rich gravies. Try mutton Mughlai or badaam pasanda ("almond delight," mutton in a slightly sweet gravy) for the full experience. Open from 7 am to midnight, it's off the street that runs out from the mosque's main entrance, Gate 1; about four shops down on the left, take the passageway into a small courtyard—you'll see large cauldrons of meaty concoctions, smoking kebabs on spits, and several indoor seating areas. The newer Karim's, Dastar Khwan-e-Karim, near Hazrat Nizamuddin Darga, is more restaurant-like. Alcohol is not served.
- Address: Gali Kababian, near Jama Masjid Old Delhi, Delhi, 110006
- Phone: 11/2326–9880
- Website: www.karimhoteldelhi.com
- Metro Chawri Bazaar.
- Location: Delhi
- No credit cards.
- Closed daylight hours during Ramadan.
- 168/2 Jha House Basti, Nizamuddin West, South Delhi, Delhi, 110013, 11/2435–8300
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
So on our FIFTH trip to India, we decided we'd had enough of the mess up north and decided to focus on one of the less-visited regions in search of India's amazing fauna. Read more
India is indeed a land of bright smiles and bright colors. Read more
Looking for a great hotel for 3 nights in November for a mature couple Location, food, service, quiet, cleanliness are all factors. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more