- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Essential India
This is an Old Delhi institution where mutton (which generally means goat in India) is king, especially in thick, rich gravies. Try mutton Mughlai or badaam pasanda ("almond delight," mutton in a slightly sweet gravy) for the full experience. Open from 7 am to midnight, it's off the street that runs out from the mosque's main entrance, Gate 1; about four shops down on the left, take the passageway into a small courtyard—you'll see large cauldrons of meaty concoctions, smoking kebabs on spits, and several indoor seating areas. The newer Karim's, Dastar Khwan-e-Karim, near Hazrat Nizamuddin Darga, is more restaurant-like. Alcohol is not served.
- Address: Gali Kababian, near Jama Masjid Old Delhi, Delhi, 110006
- Phone: 11/2326–9880
- Website: www.karimhoteldelhi.com
- Metro Chawri Bazaar.
- Location: Delhi
- No credit cards.
- Closed daylight hours during Ramadan.
- 168/2 Jha House Basti, Nizamuddin West, South Delhi, Delhi, 110013, 11/2435–8300
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello everyone! Read more
It’s time for this lurker to say thanks for all your help in planning for our recent visit to India and Nepal. Read more
We're beginning to plan a trip to Southern India for February.
We'd like to break the long economy class trip from New York to Bangalore into 2 parts.
We could also land in Mumbai, or Delhi, if one o Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more