- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Lijiang is probably the most famous travel destination in Yunnan, as its Old Town was named a UNESCO World Heritage Site. At the base of majestic Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, Lijiang is home to the Naxi people, who are related to Tibetans but have their own language and culture.
Lijiang's Old Town is a labyrinth of winding alleys, fish-filled streams, and old Naxi houses with tile rooftops. Traditional Naxi singing and dancing are on display nightly at Sifang Jie, the square in Old Town's center.
Lijiang at a Glance
- Black Dragon Pool Park (Hēilóngtán gōngyuán)
- Jade Dragon Snow Mountain (Yùlóng xuěshān)
- Lugu Lake (Lúgū hú)
- Ancient Stone Bridge Inn (Dàshíqíao kèzhàn)
- Australia House (Àozhōu bùluò jīngpǐn kèzhàn)
- Banyan Tree Lijiang (Lìjiāng Yuèrōng zhuāng)
- East River Hotel (Dōng hé kèzhàn)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's