- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Hong Xing (Hǒngxìng jiǔ jià)
Hong Xing (Hǒngxìng jiǔ jià) Review
Eat like a local at Hong Xing, where Sichuan cuisine is done consistently well. The useful picture menu has amusing English translations and makes ordering a pointing game. With a dining room that resembles an enormous ballroom, you'll feel like you're crashing a wedding reception. Favorites on offer include eggplant with garlic and ginger, pork with peanuts and peppers, or the house signature dish called Hong Xing Ji, which is tender bits of chicken floating in a sea of sesame oil topped with peanuts and mouth-numbing pebbles of Sichuan peppercorns. There are lots of unique vegetarian options, including shredded white bamboo.
- Address: 137 Ziwei Dong Lu, Chengdu, 61001
- Phone: 028/8517–5388
- Location: Chengdu
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
With hot temperatures and sometimes poor air quality, visiting Beijing during the summer months can sometimes be miserable.
However, during our visit we were fortunate to have nice weather as we head from Read more
A short Beijing Metro ride and we surface in search of our destination to experience some more of for us amazing Beijing. Read more
Hi, we've been told we can catch a train to Shenzen to go shopping and that you can get a visa locally at the train station. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more