- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Shangri-La Hotel Chengdu (xiǎng gē lí là dǎ jiǔ diàn)
At a Glance
- great service
- good restaurants, soothing spa
- slightly inconvenient location, expensive rates
Check Rates from our Partners
Shangri-La Hotel Chengdu (xiǎng gē lí là dǎ jiǔ diàn) Review
Opulent style and exceptional service are hallmarks of the Singapore-based Shangri-La chain, and the Chengdu property delivers both. From the moment you walk into the expansive marble lobby there is always a cheerful employee nearby to offer assistance. On the first floor are the international fusion restaurant Café Z, which serves a great breakfast, and Mooney's Irish Pub, a popular nighttime gathering spot for Chengdu expats. The Qi Spa is worth the splurge.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
With hot temperatures and sometimes poor air quality, visiting Beijing during the summer months can sometimes be miserable.
However, during our visit we were fortunate to have nice weather as we head from Read more
A short Beijing Metro ride and we surface in search of our destination to experience some more of for us amazing Beijing. Read more
I'm a young female professional travelling through China on my own this June 1-15th.
I will be coming either from Chang Mai (Thailand) or Hanoi (Veitnam).
I want to do a combination of adventure Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more