- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Ganesha Riverside Eco Resort
At a Glance
- in the heart of nature
- good service
- yoga and meditation on offer
- a little out of the way ($4 tuk-tuk ride)
- not much to do here
Check Rates from our Partners
Ganesha Riverside Eco Resort Review
Named after the Hindu elephant-headed deity who removes and creates obstacles, this little heaven for nature-lovers offers a choice of budget rooms in the main house, tribal huts on stilts, riverside yurts, and a tower (for up to four persons) with glorious 360-degree views of the river, the elephant mountain range, and rice fields. The eco-friendly accommodations are clean, spacious, and decorated in a rustic local style, and the restaurant offers a great selection of light meals, healthy juices and smoothies, local dishes and several vegan/vegetarian options. As it's located between a Buddhist temple and a Muslim mosque, guests can experience the sounds of prayer and ceremonies from both. Arrange a sunset boat trip on the river.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We're beginning to plan a trip to Southern India for February.
We'd like to break the long economy class trip from New York to Bangalore into 2 parts.
We could also land in Mumbai, or Delhi, if one o Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more