- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
You're unlikely to linger in Worcester, by far the largest town in the Breede River valley. It's often termed the region's capital by locals, and with good cause. Much of the town's burgeoning commerce and industry is connected to agriculture—viticulture, in particular—and its brandy cellars produce the highest volume of the spirit in the country. But the town itself is unexciting and serves as a pit stop for prettier inland destinations. Pause to visit the Karoon National Botanical Garden or pop in at the Kleinplasie Living Open-air Museum.
Worcester at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in The Western Cape
- Arniston (Waenhuiskrans)
- Betty's Bay
- Elands Bay
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's