- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Auberge Burgundy Guesthouse
At a Glance
- close proximity to everything Hermanus has to offer
- very friendly staff
- less than 200 feet from the sea
- central town location and some suites facing the street are noisy
- no children under 12
Check Rates from our Partners
Auberge Burgundy Guesthouse Review
If you want to be in the center of the village, this stylish guesthouse is an excellent choice. You're a stone's throw from the famous whale-watching cliffs and the market, and three minutes from the Old Harbour Museum. When Hermanus took off as a tourist destination, this well-run and friendly operation was one of the first lodgings to take off with it. The rooms are comfortably decorated in French provincial style. Larger rooms with sleeper couches cost about a third more, but they're great for families or friends traveling together. Ask for a room with a balcony overlooking the bay or a suite that opens onto the pool.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3299 -- 10-Nt. South Africa Adventure w/Air, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
I have been attempting to book a trip to Africa for a year now, not sure I am any closer to an itinerary. Read more
· News & Features
Memorial Day is the unofficial start of what we like to call "weekend getaway season."... Read more
Wineries have a very obvious main draw.... Read more
The Aran Islands (Inishmore, Inishmaan, and Inisheer) are three small, but adventure-packed islands o... Read more