At a Glance
- you'll be treated like royalty
- easy access to both Cape Town and the Winelands: highly rated wines produced on the estate
- not far from the Stellenbosch municipal rubbish dump
- lacks the gracious charm of some historic wine farms
- you'll need a deep pocket
Check Rates from our Partners
If you fancy picking your pillows off a pillow menu, then Asara, part of the prestigious Relais & Chateaux hotel group, is the place for you. The hotel on the outskirts of Stellenbosch might not have the most breathtaking setting that the Winelands has to offer, but what it lacks in location it more than makes up for in luxury and attention to detail. The rooms are classically decorated in creams, whites, and browns and have balconies overlooking the vineyards or hotel courtyard. There are two restaurants to choose from, and you're a hop and a skip away from Cape Town, the airport, and excellent wine farms. It is also producing excellent wines on the estate, so you don't have to travel if you don't feel like it. And, if you're exhausted after a day of wine tasting, staff can arrange a massage in the privacy of your room.