Mange Tout Review
Be sure to ask for a window seat when you're making a reservation. The view onto the vines and Cape Dutch homesteads is breathtaking. As soon as your food arrives, however, the distraction will end. This is serious food that looks as spectacular as it tastes. There's a wide range to choose from and the restaurant offers two-, three-, four-, or five-course meals. For starters don't pass up on the celery root and truffle risotto with cappuccino of Parmesan and truffle. It's heavenly—creamy and rich and nuanced with flavor. Or there's the mouthwatering oxtail jam, red wine jus, baked bone marrow, and herb gratin. The springbok medallion and shank with quince puree, celery root, and grated chestnut is a perfect example of just how good game can be. If you have an inch of space left, the chocolate and praline slice with caramel ice cream is a good choice. You can have farm wine by the glass. It's not cheap, but it does mean you can try different wines with each dish.
- Address: Mont Rochelle Hotel and Mountain Vineyards, Dassenberg Rd., Franschhoek, 7690
- Phone: 021/876–2770
- Location: Franschhoek
- Reservations essential
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's