- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The 19-km (12-mi) Rooikat Trail, through the Vrolijkheid Nature Reserve, takes about eight hours to complete. It's a strenuous, circular route winding up into the Eldandsberg Mountains, and an early start is recommended. There is basic self-catering accommodation at the reserve—eight rondavels (simple round huts) sleep four people each. There's a shared ablution block with showers and toilets. You need to get a permit (around R30 per person) at the entrance of the reserve. It's based on the honor system, and you put your money in a box on entry. If you don't want to hike, there are two bird hides and a mountain-bike trail. 5 km outside McGregor, McGregor. 023/625–1621.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's