Fodor's The Complete Guide to African Safaris
At a Glance
- free shuttle to the Boardwalk Complex
- excellent on-site travel office will help you arrange tours and onward travel
- exterior looks a bit bleak and dilapidated
- it's a popular conference venue so can get a bit noisy
Check Rates from our Partners
Summerstrand Hotel Review
Two major attractions of this hotel are its good prices and its location—close to the beach on the quieter side of the bay and virtually on top of the excellent Humewood Golf Course. But it's the deeply entrenched culture of service that sets this large, comfortable, owner-managed hotel apart from the many other city hotels it otherwise resembles. Sea-facing rooms have lovely bay views, and golf course–facing rooms have excellent views of the fourth and fifth holes, plus a generous glimpse of sea. Rooms are spacious; singles have king-size beds, whereas doubles have two double beds. Ask for a sea view when you book. Original artwork decorates the public rooms and suites.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just spent 34 days in South Africa - Madagascar - South Africa - Swaziland - Botswana - Namibia - and Zimbabwe - traveled over 4,000 miles by road - took 10 flights - did the trip with the help of Jenma Read more
This was a mostly self-drive trip, and not our first to South Africa (first time in Kgalagadi though). Read more
I probably sound like all the rest of the posts.....
I won't know until April whether I am going to J'burg, SA on business for 2 weeks in late May and/or early June. I visited 2 years ago, but couldn' Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more