- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- luxurious bath products
- sexy Polo Lounge bar
- stellar DVD collection of Academy Award winners
- suites are very roomy
- lots of stairs and no elevator
- main pool is within public view of the restaurant and bar
- there's nothing of note within walking distance
Check Rates from our Partners
The Westcliff Review
This landmark hotel and Johannesburg icon was built on a steep hill and has wide views over the northern suburbs and the Johannesburg Zoo. You're taken to your destination by a shuttle service, winding your way up twisting lanes. Bedrooms are in multistory villas, many with balconies. Enormous bathrooms have marble vanities and huge soaking tubs. The cuisine, service, and facilities are all top-notch. The Westcliff is known throughout the city for its lavish Sunday brunch, for which reservations are recommended, and for its high teas and sundowner cocktails.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
I'm planning on visiting Cape Town and Kruger National Park in November.
Would appreciate any input about weather (temp, humidity, rain) , animal viewing at this time and crowds.
Thanks . Read more
Having just returned from a trip that ranks up there with the best of my life, I will offer some details in a short trip report. Read more
I am planning a honeymoon to SA, flying into Capetown from the US end of May. Read more
· News & Features
Inspired by the setting of the exciting World Cup?... ... Read more
Tourism is likely to increase once the world sees how much South Africa has to offer...... Read more