- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Wolwedans Private Camp
At a Glance
- beautiful, private, and intimate location with outdoor salas and decks to enjoy the views
- fully equipped kitchen and open-plan design
- guided activities include drives, flights, walks, and hot-air ballooning
- you won't meet any other guests
- some activities are at extra charge
Wolwedans Private Camp Review
This simple wood and canvas camp, in the serene and secluded NamibRand Nature Reserve, gives its guests up-close access to the surrounding desert habitat. The reserve is a reflection of the diversity of the Namib Desert with its steep mountain ranges, vast savannahs, glorious red sand dunes, and clay pans. Here you might possibly see the oryx, as well as more than 100 bird species including the rare dune lark. The reserve is sparsely developed and off-limits to large vehicles such as tour buses and 4x4s. What's more, a percentage of your park entry fee goes directly into conserving the integrity of the reserve. The camp itself is made up of just two en-suite doubles that share a library, kitchen, chef, and numerous outdoor spaces from which to enjoy the views.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Here's a trip report from our 3+ week trip to Africa. Read more
Thanks so much to all those on this forum for helping me to plan my recent trip to South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, and Namibia. Read more
3 nts and 3 nts?
3 and 2?
This would be pre-Etosha.
Looking to maximize chance at desert rhino and ele and other unique desert species/habitat.
Looking to hold down lodging costs.
What do you Read more
· News & Features
American Airlines and US Airways formally completed their merger this morning, leaving four major players... Read more
Oceania Cruises has got something unique in store: a world cruise that embarks in the summertime instead... Read more
Whether its Spicy Alligator Fritters or Broiled Lobster Maine Lobster that you're after, Carnival's new... Read more