- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Namibia Hotel Reviews
Namibia's private camps, lodges, and other accommodations are often up to high international standards. Even deep at tented camps, there are en-suite bathrooms and private verandas, but don't expect TVs. Most private lodges are all-inclusive (Full American Plan), including transfers, meals, activities, and usually drinks. Camps offer at least two activities a day.
At the national park camps, self-catering (with cooking facilities) accommodations are basic, clean, comfortable, and much cheaper than private lodges outside the park. In Etosha each camp has a restaurant with adequate food, a shop selling basic foodstuffs and curios, a post office, a gas station, and a pool. Most rooms have private toilets, baths or showers, air-conditioning, a refrigerator, and a braai. Linens are provided. Some bigger bungalows have a full kitchen.
In Windhoek and Swakopmund, a large array of lodgings, from large upmarket hotels to intimate boutique hotels and family-run B&Bs, are yours to choose from. All urban lodging rates include breakfast, but rarely any other meals.
Browse Namibia Hotels
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's