- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Namibia Hotel Reviews
Namibia's private camps, lodges, and other accommodations are often up to high international standards. Even deep at tented camps, there are en-suite bathrooms and private verandas, but don't expect TVs. Most private lodges are all-inclusive (Full American Plan), including transfers, meals, activities, and usually drinks. Camps offer at least two activities a day.
At the national park camps, self-catering (with cooking facilities) accommodations are basic, clean, comfortable, and much cheaper than private lodges outside the park. In Etosha each camp has a restaurant with adequate food, a shop selling basic foodstuffs and curios, a post office, a gas station, and a pool. Most rooms have private toilets, baths or showers, air-conditioning, a refrigerator, and a braai. Linens are provided. Some bigger bungalows have a full kitchen.
In Windhoek and Swakopmund, a large array of lodgings, from large upmarket hotels to intimate boutique hotels and family-run B&Bs, are yours to choose from. All urban lodging rates include breakfast, but rarely any other meals.
Browse Namibia Hotels
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Cape Town & Namibia IExplore
- Timeless Namibia by Private Plane IExplore
- Timeless Namibia by Private Plane — $7,995 IExplore