- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
The laid-back fishing village of Moulay Bousselham is very popular with Moroccans. It's made up of little more than a single street crowded by cafés and souvenir shops. Moulay Bousselham's lagoon and beach are breathtaking. Its sandbar is somewhat dangerous for swimmers due to a rapid drop-off that causes a continual crash of breaking waves. However, this is one of northern Morocco's prime bird-watching locations, with boat trips organized to see thousands of birds—herons, pink flamingos, sheldrakes, and gannets. The best time for watching birds is just after dawn.
Moulay Bousselham at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Northern Atlantic Coast
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe