- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Agdz, at the junction of the Draâ and Tamsift rivers, marks the beginning of the Draâ palmery. A sleepy market town and administrative center, Agdz (pronounced ah-ga-dez) has little to offer other than the 5,022-foot peak Djebel Kissane, and the Kasbah Dar el-Glaoui. From Agdz south to M'Hamid, the P31/N9 road follows the river closely except for a 30-km (18-mi) section between the Tinfou Dunes and Tagounite, where the Draâ again draws close before temporarily looping east again.
Agdz at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Great Oasis Valleys
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's