- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Hunter's Steak House
Hunter's Steak House Review
This small, intimate international restaurant is one of Mombasa's best, very popular with foreign visitors and Mombasa's expatriates. With trophy animals mounted on the walls, the place resembles a hunting lodge. Although it serves a wide range of dishes including excellent seafood and venison, Hunter's is best known for its mouthwatering steaks and homemade desserts like apple pie. It's also a good place to stop for a cold beer.
- Address: Mkomani Rd., Nyali, Mombasa, 80100
- Phone: 041/474-759
- Location: Mombasa
- No credit cards.
- 3--7 pm; closed Tues.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- East Africa Experience IExplore
- Kenya Family IExplore
- Egypt & Kenya Experience — $7,749 IExplore
- Grand Safari — $10,990 IExplore
- Kenya Active — $3,340 IExplore
This was a FABULOUS trip! Read more
Just returned from a magnificent safari in the Masai Mara and two conservancies. Read more
I am thinking of surprising my husband with an African Safari trip. Read more
· News & Features
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha ... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more
Apparently 2013 is the year of major airline uniform upgrades.... Read more